News

Praetorian Cavalry

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hallo there. Things have been hectic here, namely because I move home in two days, but thanks to BoB over at AmmoBunker I've been keeping my Praetorians moving forward and I have a few things finished.

First up are the rough riders, my new pride and joy! They need some tweaking here and there, the riders especially, but since BoB is technically a competition and I had a deadline they'll be tidied up at the end.


I'll do some better individual photos when I get a chance, but there are four riders with lances, one with a heavy flamer and one with a grenade launcher. The guy pretty much in the middle on the purple bird is the sgt, but currently lacks any distinguishing features. He'll get a few extra details when I have the chance.

3 comments:

Col. Ackland said...

These are great. A beautiful unique unit! Im working on my own praetorian cavalry at the moment and stumbled on your blog. Its full of lots of cool conversions!
nice work!

Unknown said...

Hi, some lovely models you have on this blog. I was wondering what model those birds are? I have a Genswick army myself and have been looking for a good bird of prey model for my rough riders.

Si said...

Hey, thanks! The birds are from the now closed Phoenix Club, where a group of enthusiasts clubbed together to get a sculptor and caster to make some unique pieces. Unfortunately never available on general release, so unless you can find a club member willing to part with theirs you may be out of luck.
There was a thread on warseer I believe where people were talking about rough riders and someone posted some alternate moa birds. Might be worth a look?
Cheers,
Si