News

Praetorian Ogryns

Saturday 23 April 2011

Woohoo, after my enforced internet hiatus my ISP has finally provided me a connection and we're back!

First of two in-progress Band of Brothers entries then. I did my first praetorian ogryn back in 2006, really can't believe it was so long ago. I always intended to finish the squad but never got around to it. BoB is just a great idea for finishing off lost armies.

Here they are before the paintwork:



The guy in the coat is the Bone ead, sculpted that a couple of years ago and it was very ambitious for me I think. The result is ok but not as crisp as I'd have liked. Not saying I could do any better now mind..

And with the basic paintwork done:

Will get these finished today and post up another picture. The highlighting is almost done now, a few small details then edge the bases and jobs a good un. I'm actually ahead for this months BoB. Considering the first two months have come down to minutes (seconds on month one) I'm feeling pretty damn smug.

So smug infact I'm making these guys a 'mascot' in the form of a Sergeant Major, standing on a pair of sand bags, barking orders. If it works it'll be cool. If not it doesn't have a points value so no harm no foul :D

0 comments: