News

Praetorian Bromhead Leman Russ

Wednesday 11 May 2011

My Praetorian Leman Russ is finally finished. This is the Bromhead pattern closely based on the Ragnarok. Quite happy with the final result, there's things I'd like to have done if I could freehand but I wanted to get a coherent solid finish across this army. Have a shufties:




 And a quick scale shot with a veteran to give a sense of the size of this thing:

Pretty damned huge. But I like that about it, proper shock and awe stuff. Army is coming along now!

3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Beautiful. What is the significance of the initials on the side of the turret ?

Si said...

Thanks! The letters fit with the rest of the praetorian tanks.

The first letter is the company (most of the vehicles are N-company, although they have borrowed a B-company chimera!).

Then the second letter indicates role. Hellhounds are H, command vehicles C, leman russ L. Chimeras are just numbered.

If I ended up with lots of leman russ I'd have to differentiate them further, but for quick reference it currently makes sense!

Zzzzzz said...

Makes prefect sense now you've explained it ;)

My bosses' initials are NL, I thought it might be her tank.