News

Titan Toes!

Monday 18 June 2012

Awesome. Just removed my master from the mould, then cast up my first toe. I'm really happy with the result, very little cleanup needed.




Second one is in the cast now. Of course I'm nearly out of resin, typical. Will get some more ordered asap.

Also did a little work on the shin, here's where it is before shaping

 That's it just balanced in the foot so the blue circles could glue together. Going to try and shape it in a minute.

And finally in case you're curious, here's my current work station. I'm actually sat facing the other way at the moment writing on my computer, the cupboard in the distance is full of modelling stuff, there's another bigger one out of shot to the left, and a big glass display case next to that. Proper geek kingdom this :)


2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Excellent to see you back in the saddle, as it were. Looking forward to seeing the Titan take shape. It's a very ambitious project, but you're crackin' on well and having a drwing to measure off always helps.

Si said...

Thanks, good to be back!

Not sure how close the end result will be to the actual plans, but yeah definitely helps to have a reference. Fingers crossed this one gets finished ;)